Partner Kevin Pinter is now an Adjunct Professor at his alma mater, Brooklyn Law School, where he annually teaches Trial Advocacy during the Spring semester.
NGS Insurance Panel Participation
- At the September 24, 2015 AIRROC Chicago Regional Education Day, Ben Gonson participated, as the only panelist with outside counsel experience handling different types of streamlined reinsurance arbitrations, on the panel entitled “The AIRROC DRP and Single Person Panel Arbitrations : Success Stories.” This was a follow up to his role as a panelist at the September 23, 2014 AIRROC Philadelphia Conference addressing whether to utilize AIRROC’s Streamlined Arbitration Dispute Resolution Process or traditional arbitration. He continues to provide guidance on streamlined arbitrations to AIRROC, a large organization of insurance-related companies that have legacy business in their portfolio, and was responsible for the AIRROC DRP booth at the AIRROC Commutations & Networking Forum on October 18-21, 2015 in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- At the March 18-19, 2015 AIRROC Membership Meeting held in New York, Ben Gonson participated, as outside counsel, on one of the education panels entitled “Workers’ Compensation Commutations : Motivations, Pricing and Disputes.”
NGS Attorney Recognized by Super Lawyers
- Partner, Kevin Pinter has been named by Super Lawyers as one of the Elite New York Metro Civil Litigation Defense Attorneys for 2014, 2015 & 2016.
- Second Department Upholds Summary Judgement in Slip and Fall on Ice Case.
- Second Department Confirms Trial Verdict in Defendant’s Favor.
- November 6, 2012 – Panel rules that only one retention required under excess of loss treaty for dozens of current and future lead paint claims spanning multiple policies.
- Spinner, Marina. “A Decade of 9-11 Litigation.” IACP Declarations Summer 2011 Pages 10-13.
- Gonson, Benjamin. “Recovery of Commutation Payment.” AIRROC MATTERS Summer 2009 Vol. 5 No.4 Pages 26-28.
- Gonson, Benjamin and Edward Benson. “Comparison of American and English Law on Rescission.” Journal of Reinsurance Fall 2007 Vol. 14 No.4 Pages 13-21.
- Gonson, Benjamin and Edward Benson. “Coverage of Bad Faith Under ECO Provision.” Journal of Reinsurance Fall 2004 Vol.11 No.1 Page19
- Maiorani v. ADESA, Supreme Court, Richmond County, Index No. 011542/04
- Thomas Pacicca v. James Stead, Brian Robbins, LaValle Larrier, Andrew Black and the City of White Plains, USDC, Southern District, New York, CV-06-4347
- Josephine Vittorio v. U-Haul, Supreme Court, Dutchess County, Index No. 1404/04
- Amedeo and Angela Granata v. KeySpan and Hawkeye, Supreme Court, Nassau County, Index No. 8840/06
- Thomas McCrae v. U-Haul, Superior Court, Passaic County, Docket No. PAS-L-5020-07
- Richard St. Amand v. U-Haul Co. of New Hampshire, Superior Court, Grafton County, New Hampshire, Docket No, 215-2010-C V-188
- Jerome Smith v. U-Haul Co. of New York & Vermont, Inc., Supreme Court, New York County, Index No. 100088/09